3.23.2007

Who asked for this?

It has officially hit full force and taken over me. I have been fighting this bugger, possible for the past few weeks on and off again, from becoming more than a tight chest or tickle in my throat, to waking up to a full-blown .... something.

I felt great after my 2 hour workout last night .... until an hour later when I had a throbbing pain in the right sight of my throat. I didn't know what it was, a cold? a sinus infection? I usually don't get colds but I have had a habit of getting a yearly sinus infection and that is about it... I woke up this morning, with my throat hurting more. But, I took my Tylenol Cold and Sinus meds and went about my day. I felt good/bad on and off today.

Got home a little after 4pm, crawled straight into bed and woke up to a phone call at 6:30. Dangit. I thought my nap would make me feel refreshed and ready to hit the town for a bit with some RT's. .... I had to turn down our plans... I was soo bummed... it's been a while since I had been out with him and my other close RT friends..

Who asked for this? Not me. I bet this is some sign, telling me to slow down, rest up, and get some well-needed paper work, applications, graduation plans, and projects .... done.

Just got home from getting more meds, I am going to take them, down a couple glasses of warm green tea, and hopefully fight most of this bugger off before the new week starts... If I drink enough water and green tea, I can usually fight these things in 3-4 days... We'll see.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and reach a high of 56 degrees. I might take advantage of the cool air and go for a run/walk in the afternoon...

... I am going to go watch my Tarheels....until I fall asleep..

11 comments:

Joe said...

These are fun days for college hoops, eh??

Too bad my Boilers lost to Florida last week but the women are still alive in the sweet 16 vs Georgia on Sunday.

I have NC in the final 4 in my brackets, so am pulling for them too!!

Joe said...

Oh yeah, hang in there with the cold...it will pass...and maybe a run outdoors on Saturday will help!!

Jess said...

Your Tar Heels made a nice comeback tonight. Sunday's game will be a good one for sure.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Pump yourself with those fluids!

JeffM said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! 56 degrees will make you want to get out there anyway.

Joe said...

Oh Teacherwoman, I'm so sad for you. Take care and get lots and lots of sleep. Maybe your body is telling you to take a rest day.

BTW, I hate to be so obtuse -- what is a RT?

Unknown said...

Sorry that you're fighting illness. Hopefully you can kick it in a few days. Enjoy the nice weather if you can!

Lora said...

These viruses have gotten stronger these past few years. Slam it with lots of Vit C (I take 3000mg when I am sick)and suck on Cold-eeze all day (has zinc in it).

And, of course, don't forget Chicken Soup!!!!!

Jodi said...

Damn! I've been sparring with something for a couple weeks too. Hasn't gotten me yet, but with my Half IM in exactly 1 week, I'm getting nervous.

Hope you feel better soon!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Bummer! Get lots of rest - sounds like you need it.

MNFirefly said...

Hope you feel better soon!! Rest up!

Wes said...

Aw! Sorry the change of season caught up with you. Get rest, get better! The roads will be dry, hopefully, by the time you are all better :-)