3.25.2007

Something to get used to...

I went out for a run this afternoon with a goal of at least 3 miles. When I got on the road, I didn't have a set plan as to where I was going to run. I just went out there and did it, taking turns where I wanted to. When I was coming back, I could have turned towards my place but went further north a bit since I wasn't feeling too tired. The low ceiling combined with 50 degree weather and +90% humidity was enough to make this girl sweat. I think I was overdressed in pants and two long sleeved shirts. I know I was overdressed. It makes me chuckle when I read posts about people running in what they call a cold temp for them, probably somewhere between 40 and 60 degrees. That is beautiful for this time of year in North Dakota. Don't get me wrong, I know heat, we do get that here... and it's not always dry heat, it can be quite humid at times. But, if I move to the Southeast, the humidity is definitely something to get used to. All and all, I accomplished 4.35 miles today.

I don't know what I am going to do this evening. I have a bit of a dilemna. My Tarheels will be taking on Georgetown within the next half hour 4:45ish, and our Sioux are taking on the Gophers at 5pm! If we end up going out to watch the hockey game .... I can only hope that they have at least one tv showing some March Madness!

What a successful week! I was able to break 100 miles in running and 100 miles in spinning for 2007! Happy running, y'all! Have a marvelous week!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think 50degrees is lovely running weather - not too hot, not too cool...

Neese said...

ahh, for me that's how running should be, just go! congrats on your 100 - 100! You just gave me the idea that maybe I should start calculating my miles, I haven't done that yet.

Joe said...

Yeah, my chart for 50 says a LS technical shirt, shorts and gloves. That's why I have a chart...I always tend to overdress.

Great run...so good to get outside.

Looks like UNC is headed back to the final four...they had too much for Georgtown to stay with!

Wes said...

Nice to stretch out that run when you are feelin good! Sure there's not a half in your future? Sorry your Tarheels couldn't hold it together. I was rootin for them.

J~Mom said...

Great run!! You know I always think it's cold. :>)

Anne said...

Eventually we all acclimate. When I lived in Alaska, we were in shorts and sleeveless T-shirts soon as it pushed past 40 degrees. Now, in southern California, anything below 50 requires winterwear. Thinner blood will do it to ya.

And sorry about the 'heels. I am glad for Georgetown, though. Nice that Thompson's son is carrying on the Hoya tradition.