3.19.2007

Rainy Days...here comes Spring

Yesterday it rained most of the day. I ended up sleeping in until past noon since I didn't go to bed until after 430am! We went out and then hit up the truck stop for "breakfast" which was oh so yummy after a night of drinking beer. I got home shortly before 4am and popped in the moving The Notebook! One of my all-time favorites, based on a book by my favorite author, Nickolas Sparks! So after spending most of the afternoon doing homework, I was kind feeling pretty awake and hydrated, thinking that I should do something... physically constructive. Wes' comment kept playing over and over again in my head "where there's a will...there's a way". So I pulled my butt off the couch and went to the gym a little after 7. Such a wonderful motivator he is! I ended up doing 3.5 miles and a tough session of weights! Wahoo!

Today it didn't rain, but the temperature dropped from 26 this morning when I woke upt to 14 when I got to school and it was snowing. Only in North Dakota does the weather change ... just ... like ... that. Just when I could almost feel the presence of spring with the rain yesterday. When I got out of class at 9 tonight, I was itching to run again. I thought I could grab one of the thrillmills with a little tv screen attached to it, and watch my show from 9-10, attempting to do a longer run. That wasn't too successful. I knew that my right calf was a little tight and I didn't want to push it.... I have spin tomorrow, ya know?! So I only did a very very slow 3 miles! Go me! On the down side.. I am a little upset with myself... as I was filling my nalgene bottle before the run, I think some of the water dribbled down the side of the bottle and touched my nano! It has this "diagnostic" screen on it now that won't go away. Darnit! Now I have to take care of that... and run without music for a while. I could just slap myself for that... grr.. If anyone has any advice for me before I contact apple ... that would be greatly appreciative!

Happy Spring, y'all!

11 comments:

J~Mom said...

Oh no, I don't know about the nano! Ugh, I hope it dries out ok or can be fixed!

I loved The Notebook. I read it and cried like a baby!! Then cried again at the movie. Good stuff.

Wes does have a way to motivate, doesn't he! Nice job!

miss petite america said...

apple has pretty good service via their genius bar at their stores. i wouldn't mention the water right away...depending on if it's still under warranty, you might be able to just get a replacement for it.

Mmem said...

No experience with the Nano, but I wish you much good luck in getting it dried out, I hope that is all it takes!!!

Unknown said...

No advice on the nano. good luck with that.

But that picture sure does look like spring!

teacherwoman said...

Good news. Mr. Nano must have dried out over night! It worked just fine this morning!

Joe said...

You call that rain? Your picture is the daily view out my window for 9 months of the year!

Sorry about the Nano. Maybe try letting it dry out for a few days to see if the diagnostic screen goes away. That strategy worked for me earlier this year when Wifey spilled water on the God stick (a.k.a. the TV remote control).

Ms Eva said...

The weather changes rapidly here too... went for my run this morning and started with sunny skies. During my 50 min tempo run, I also experienced: snow, wind, clouds, and then sun again at the end! Weird! An Oregon Spring!

Glad to see your Nano dried out. :)

MNFirefly said...

I hope you get your Nano fixed. The rain in the picture looks very wet and dreary. Ick!

Joe said...

North Dakota spring looks a lot like North Dakota winter...ugh!!

Keep moving...and do keep stretching that calf!

Neese said...

glad your nano is ok! what show did you watch from 9-10? We watched Dancing with the stars, I like this season so far.

Wes said...

Awww, shucks. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. All I do is say stuff, and every once in a while a gem falls from my lips :-) When you get a piece of electronic equipment wet, turn it off quickly then wait for it to dry. This will avoid a lot of damage!