6.05.2006

Word From the Not-so-wise

Long run at noon + little snack + Grande Mocha Frapaccino (Not Decaf) = Not falling asleep until after 1am

I was fine. We had a great run. Did some grocery shopping and had a snack. I am never really hungry right after running.

Then we went to Starbucks, grabbed a cool drink since it was so hot and planted ourselves outside to get some nice sun while we were studying.

Came home, made a nice Pad Tai dinner with sauteed veggies and did some homework in the evening. By 10pm I was drained. My eyes were tired. So I headed to bed.

Nope. Not going to fall asleep.

I heard my sister get up to go to the bathroom at 11ish.

Then I heard her turn on her light. She wasn't falling asleep either.

I then turned on my tv but could barely keep my eyes open to watch. It was more annoying than anything.

Finally, I think the last time I looked at my clock was 1:11am. Yuck.

Next time I will get it decaffinated. For sure.

7 comments:

Anne said...

I had one of those kinds of nights this weekend too, but for different reasons. I learned over the years to stop drinking caffeine after noon. It helps, but certainly makes Starbuck's less attractive in the afternoons.

SRR said...

Who needs decafe? It's SUMMER girlfriend!!!

Unknown said...

I drink coffee (caffeinated) sometimes up until 10 p.m. when I am studying and still fall asleep before midnight. I guess this must mean that I have a high tolerance. Probably not a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I probably shouldn't take this moment to tell you that I'm one of those people who can fall asleep within minute of hitting the pillow. I should also refrain from mentioning that caffeine seems to have no effect on my ability to take advantage of this blissful gift.

Oops. Too late!

On a separate note - I found my way here from your recent comment on Dianna's running blog. You asked her a question about her sidebar. If she doesn't get back to you, drop me a line and I'll provide you the details. I would post it all here, but to me it just reeks of unsolicited advertising, and that would make me feel all icky.

My email address is reece@breakingthetape.com

Jess said...

Those nights are the most frustrating ever! The marathon I'm training for is the Baltimore Marathon on Oct. 14. It's still a ways off, so hopefully if the knee heals up I'll be able to make up for some lost training time.

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»