6.09.2006

Procrastination...I don't like it

So yesterday I did my 5 miles that were required by my new schedule. Fine. I did it. Not too much difficulty.

Then I came home and spent some time reading a couple chapters for my behavior management class last night. Too much reading. I couldn't tell if my sleepiness was due to my 5 miles at 8am or the reading....or both. I blamed it on the miles. Since I do remember feeling tired before I even sat down to do homework.

Why was I so tired? I was so afraid I was going to be sleepy that I bought a soda to drink during class. Yuck. I didn't even want it that bad, but knew that I might have needed the caffiene. I just felt icky from the soda afterwards that I regretted it. Big time.

Anyway. to get to the point of this blog. .. . ... was there one? I am procrastinating. I had to work today from 10-4:30 and during that time all I could think about was how much homework I need to do this weekend including how much I don't care for my job anymore. I am definitely going to have to quit by July. Definitely. I won't have time after that.

So, I have all this homework to do... .. . ... and I am blogging. Interesting. I have never been that much of a procrastinator. .... ever. But I am. Today. I had all these plans of doing a bunch of homework this afternoon when I was supposed to get off work at 1. That didn't happen. Now I am frustrated. Maybe just a little lazy!

Speaking of lazy, I didn't do anything cardio today. Nope. took the day off. And I don't feel a bit guilty. Maybe a little bit. But sis and I might go golfing tomorrow .. .. . .. weather permitting. That will involve a little walking . ... I don't think I could handle more than 9 holes. But, I do have a 6 mile run scheduled for sunday so I am going to take it easy! Maybe I will go for a walk tomorrow if it is raining.

To Do List for the weekend:
  • complete CI final exam (from last weeks class)
  • read Ch. 1-6 in SPED Law
  • complete review paper on Brown vs. Board of Ed. (yeah...oh wait, not so much)
  • Complete Ch. 1&2 chapter study guides for Methods class
  • Read Ch. 3&4 for Behav. Mgt. class and complete assignment
  • Start working on Methods cards
  • Run 6 GREAT miles!
Maybe someone will feel sorry for me. Just kiddin'. Just giving you all an idea as to what I am NOT doing right now that I SHOULD be doing. Oddly enough, I look forward to running the 6 miles over the homework! What is happening to me??!?!?!

6 comments:

christine said...

small moves ellie, small moves.
-Contact


i was overwhelmed just reading your to-do list.

Anne said...

I'd procrastinate too if I had that kind of weekend ahead of me. Who knew reading could be so debilitating?!

cdoc said...

If you need any tips on procrastination, let me know. You know me, I am the queen of procrastinating and still getting things done:).

Joe said...

> Oddly enough, I look forward
> to running the 6 miles over the
> homework! What is happening to
> me??!?!?!

You're becoming one of us, that's what's happening!

SRR said...

Running vs. H.W....hmmm...that's difficult to chose from!! You're becoming a better runner, silly!!

Taunya said...

Sounds to me that you just need a little down-time. Enjoy your breather...you'll be back on track soon enough.