5.24.2007

The end has come....

Today is the day. The day that I will not only be saying goodbye to my students, but goodbye to my fellow co-workers...teachers, principals, and other support staff.... As much as I have been looking forward to this day, I will be sad. Hopefully I can hold back the tears. I am really going to miss my students (even though some of them have really tested my patience this year).

Where has the time gone? It has been 1 year. 1 year consisting of 1 crazy summer of 17 credits combined with spending almost every waking hour with classmates (some who are best friends of mine now), 15 credits of evening classes in the fall and spring each, and 9 months of full time teaching. It seems as if I just started the RT program a couple months ago. So much accomplished and learned in 1 year.

I am still in the process of finding a job. It's so frustrating. I spend an hour at least to fill out 1 application, and then nothing. I hear nothing. I just want to get that job so I can relax for the next 2 months.

Today, I am done with school at 1pm. From there I will head back to GF, get my hair colored and cut, possibly get my nails done, do some shopping, pack for the weekend, and go for a nice jog through the neighborhood again.

I have been hear for almost 8 years and in less than a week, I will be leaving. For good. I don't think it has really hit me yet.

Happy running, y'all!

26 comments:

Neese said...

awwww.

IronGambit said...

thank!

Wes said...

The winds of change... May the carry you to exciting and wonderful places, and may the landing be soft and gentle :-)

Larissa said...

Way to go! So much ahead for you . . . enjoy the ride!

Scott McMurtrey said...

good luck with the job search. a few weeks or more of job searching can be more stressful than all the schooling leading up... it will all be worth it though!

Jess said...

Searching and applying, interviewing, all that stuff for jobs is time-consuming and frustrating, but eventually something will come together.

Unknown said...

Best wishes finding a job so you can relax.

You're at a cross roads in life. The path ahead should be exciting!

Runner Leana said...

Good luck with your job search! I'm glad to hear your ankle is feeling better too.

Marcy said...

Awwwwhhhhhhhh!!! Best of luck on the job search!! You'll find something before you know it!!

Anne said...

Job hunting can be really stressful, as can leaving a place that you enjoyed. Sounds like you'll have plenty to keep you from getting too heartsick.

Anonymous said...

As someone who said goodbye to one of my GA's today, I understand the sadness you are talking about. Keep looking ahead though, your future is bright and the right job will come soon.

Dances with Corgis said...

Enjoy your day of pampering, sounds like you have absolutely earned it!

MNFirefly said...

(((hugs)) I hope it was a good day for you!

jahowie said...

Good luck with the job search. Change can be good. :-)

akshaye said...

have a fabulous last day... im sure they will miss you as much as you will miss them

TriSonq said...

Congrats and good luck with the job search.

And "awwww."

IronGambit said...

Nice new pic btw ;) hot!

Ms Eva said...

I can't say it any better than those before me... but I do wish you the best of luck in finding a position you want, where you want it. :)

Nat said...

Moving on and change can be tough but once you are in that new position/town, it will all be so exciting!

miss petite america said...

congrats and good luck!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

You are so awesome Stacy...you will find a wonderful job...maybe not the perfect one just yet but none the less a wonderful job. Keep blogging, keep us posted on things, stay positive and keep telling yourself that all that work has created the best teacher to walk this land....you know that to be true....these potential employers just need to take the time to realize what an opportunity they have in you.

Go and rock the world.

BTW.....will your email stay the same or will you have to get a new one now that you are leaving school?

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

I set a new 10k PR this morning...stop by to check it out when you can...

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the incredible accomplishment. The application process is a pain. If you lived around here you would definitely have a job by now.

I wish you all the best in finding a job quickly so you can relax and maybe plan for the new year ahead. You will be a great teacher.

Deb said...

Oh girlie...... sad but exciting. You've got the world at your feet! Go get em!

Anonymous said...

Have a fun Memorial weekend, I'm sure your students are going to miss you too!

Joe said...

Wow. Eight years. That's a long time. I can't imagine how you feel right now.

BTW, I love your new profile picture.