4.11.2007

The "Longer" Run

That sounds like a beginning of a book. Hmm. I might have to jot that down, on my list of books to write. Well, it's official. I accomplished what I wanted to this evening. And I don't even care if you call me Bizarro Teacherwoman, Joe! But, I must first add that I was not expecting it to go as well as it did. For one reason only. A massive headach. I went to bed with a slight headache. I woke up with a headache. You know, one of those that throbs when you get up or move to fast? Well, I dealt with it all morning. It left me feeling nauseous. Yuck. So I ate some food, thinking I didn't eat enough after my heavy workout last night. Didn't help. I didn't want to take more Ibuprofen, since I did last night during class when it started. I just don't like to take drugs. With lunch I drank a soda, hoping that maybe it was a bad caffiene headache. Didn't really work. Most of the afternoon I spent my free time drinking water. And lots of it. Maybe I was dehydrated. Part of me thinks it was a cross between an allergy headache and a migraine. I don't know. I usually get affected by allergies this time of year... Moving on... I ran my "longer" run. I call it this becuase I have a hard time calling it a long run. So, "longer" it will be. And it was successful, despite the fact that my tummy was saying "feed me" as I was pulling into the gym parking lot. Dangit! I ate plenty today. So, I ran my "longer" run. 8 miles to be exact. 1:29:23. Average pace of 11:10min/mi. I am okay with that! Last week I averaged 11:06min/mi. But, I can tell I will be a little sore. The moment I got off the thrillmill, my thunder thighs were like jello! I stretched. And stretched. Then headed home to make a nice meal of pasta, chicken, and green beans. Yummy.

An American Idol Note:

  • Glad to see Haley go. It was her time. Next, I would love to predict Sanjaya to go, but I don't think it will happen just yet. I am afraid to predict that Phil Stacey will be going next. But, I guess I have to see their performances first. Country next week! Yee-haa!
Sports Commentary:
  • Baseball season officially started last week. My Twins were off to a great start! Monday night they got robbed by the Yankees. Plus, I was reminded how much of a Yankee fan I wasn't when Nick Punto was ran into when a Yankee was diving into third base, making Punto land hard on his own head. They lost last night as well. Joe Nathan is an awesome closing pitcher! Twins 5. Yankees 1. We win!


Happy running, y'all!

6 comments:

J~Mom said...

WOOHOO!! Great LONGER run!!!!!!!!! Fantastic pace! I am sorry about your headache though...ugh! I have days like that too. I think you needed some chocolate. ;>)

JeffM said...

Sounds like a heck of a headache. Good run though.
Yeah baseball season!

Wes said...

Nice job on the longer run! Spitting distance of that half marathon, and what a pace! Nice!! When you mentioned headache, I was thinking, Yup. Pollen. I've had a headache for the last three weeks. I'm glad we finally got a little rain here. It helps, but not much.

I was glad to see Haley finally go. It was long overdue, and I doubt Sanjaya will ever go. I think America is making a mockery of American Idol this year.

Brooke said...

8 miles sounds like a long run to me!

PS. I agree with you, I think Phil is next. I wish Sanjaya would go though.

miss petite america said...

honestly, sanjaya and phil are equal to me. but if chris gets kicked off before sanjaya i will throw a fit!

Krista said...

8 miles not long? I can't wait till I get to that point!

Loved Sanjaya during auditions, now I think he's super creepy and can't wait till he gets kicked off. I really thought that fuzzy 'stache he was sporting this week would do him in, but no luck.