4.12.2007

Another one bites the dust

You ever have those moments where you have all these ideas for posting, and then when you start, it's just a bunch of garbage? I have done that. Multiple times tonight. What does Stacy really want to talk about tonight? What do fellow bloggers really want to read about? Work? School? My job-searching adventure? Life? Running? Spin? I just can't get my creative groove movin'. I know I have lost all motivation for school, but I didn't realize I was struggling with ideas for my posts!

Anyway. I am recovering wonderfully from my 8 miles yesterday. I forgot to mention that during the last couple miles, I began to feel sore on the ball of my right foot and the pinky toe of my left. The soreness/pain has subsided today. But I didn't like it. I was afraid it was going to lead to blisters, which I have only had once after a 5 mile run last summer. I instantly blamed it on my socks and will not wears those ever again for a "longer" run. I know I am not the only runner out there that has specific socks, shorts, shirts, for short runs, long runs, biking, etc. Right?

Tonight I was to the gym about 20 minutes before spin and did some weights for the arms. I then went to Spin with all intentions of working my butt of so I can take tomorrow off. Yeah, either the tension on my bike was really touchy, or my semi-sore thigh, hip, and butt muscles where more sore than I realized. My sister didn't go with because she didn't want to go to the same instructor two times this week when she knew what we were going to do. Little did we know, our instructor was going to change things up a bit. And that is what she did. Tonights warm-up, which usually takes 10 minutes, was quite a bit of freezing in a hovering position. We did quite a few reps of 30 secs with some light jogging on the bike between. Oh boy. I felt that in my thunder thighs.. Ouch! We also did a lot of sprinting throughout the session and I liked that. Something different. I conquered 10.2 miles tonight.

The rest of my evening, which there isn't much left (approximately 1 hour), will consist of job searching and reading some fellow blogs! I might get talked into going out for apps with a friend.

On a side note, I am pumped. A friend from college is coming back to GF for the weekend! He already informed me to get my drinking hat on. Whatever that means. I will be ready though. Ahh!!

Y'all have a wonderful friday!

16 comments:

Wes said...

I happen to know for a fact, with almost all teachers, you throw garbage words and ideas in and out comes something beautiful :-) We never get tired of hearing the same stuff, different stuff, weird stuff, whatever :-) Listen to your body! It's entirely natural to be sore in new places after long runs. Give yourself time and recovery runs to heal up!!

Unknown said...

You should post whatever is on your mind!!

8 miles yesterday...woohoo!! good for you!!!

Neese said...

I like reading your name "Stacy", because in my head you are "teacherwoman" and although that is nice and all I like your name. Wow, 8 miles whenever I hear those numbers it makes me miss my half training.

Have a great time with your friend this weekend!! I think a "drinking hat" is the kind that holds two cans of beer and has those drinking tubes. haha

Deb said...

Somethign tells me you know exactly what "get your drinkin hat on' means! LOL! Have fun and be safe!

JeffM said...

Freezing and then jogging on the bike? That sounds hard.
Have a fun weekend!

miss petite america said...

girl, half the posts i write i regard as drivel the second i hit post. but it's a blog, not a dissertation! :)

sounds like you had a great workout. i am seriously jealous of your spin class!

Jess said...

I have a drinking hat. I wear it about 3 nights a week.

Krista said...

Hello back, neighbor! I love reading this because it reminds me no matter how miserable my running weather in MN is, someone's always got it worse :)
Have fun drinking this weekend ...

Joe said...

Have you tried the double layer Wright socks? I never get blisters since I started using those. Also, vaseline and Bodyglide work pretty well too.

Jess said...

I definitely have certain socks, shorts, just about everything else, for short runs and long runs too!

Awesome job on your 8 miles!

Larissa said...

I not only have certain shorts/socks/sports bras, etc. for any given workout, I have favorite Baa Baas (as I call my waterbottles) for each. I started calling it my Baa Baa because I realized that I was never without it - like a little baby with her bottle.

Never worry about what to post - you're a great writer with an interesting life - how can you lose?

Larissa said...

ps - have fun this weekend!

J~Mom said...

We want to hear about all of it! :>) Tell us about where your job searches have you looking! Great job on your 8 miles and have a fun weekend!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Yes tell us all. Just let your mind flow thru your fingers to the keyboard and let the tips of your fingers take us where they may.
Sounds like you have an interesting weekend coming up, don't overdo things.
I think my wife would like to see or here of where you do your running in GF when you are able to get outside.
Is the river close to flooding yet? She lived there in 1997 and got her basement flooded and she lived several blocks west of Washington, behind the Pontiac dealer, I can't remember their name. She worked for city government back then.
I have a 10k race tomorrow that I'm looking forward to. I'll be doing it without a heart monitor for the first time, so I'm doing a run/walk race with some good friends from our running club.
Have a great weekend!!

Randy

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the workout and have fun this weekend with you friend.

BTW we like to read about anything.

Unknown said...

Of course I am interested in hearing how the job search is going. I visited a school on Friday and am visiting another district on Wednesday, which looks very promising. And Yes, I am ready for school to be over with as well. Have a great weekend.