4.15.2007

Fair trade

The weather has finally reached above freezing for a good 5 days and I think the cold is finally gone. Even with the clear blue skies and above 40 temps, I chose to take a couple days rest and enjoy the presence of one of my greatest friends, B ... I thought it was quite the fair trade.

Friday:

With the gorgeous weather, we opted to grill marinated chicken breasts and potatoes. From there we watched some of the Twins game, started playing drinking games, and I became re-aquainted with JD. Jack Daniels that is. This all lead to the imfamous Jag Bombs!

After dinner and some games, we went to a bar that does not usually attract our age group, but they had a live band and we were ready to dance! We ended up closing down the bar and headed to the truck stop for breakfast! Mmm..


Saturday:

After sleeping in and spending the afternoon at the library, I headed over to the house and we started all over again. We grilled again, this time we had a variety of meat, steaks, chicken, brats, and then potatoes again. We changed up the drinking mode and made some "strip-and-go-nakeds". Yummy. The boys drug the beer pong table out of the garage and the good times began. That is one of the funnest games ever and if you stink at it, you drink more. Where do you think I fall?

After a late dinner, we decided to hit up the VFW for some karaoke! Now that was fun! Ironically, there were two girls there, that were sisters, and their names were Stacy and Steph, just like me and my sister. So, the four of us ended up singing "I want you to want me". That was fun!

After many shots, and some beer, we headed back to the house to play some beer pong and have a little campfire!

All and all it was a fun weekend. It was great to spend some fun time with B and everyone else!


Today:

Sis and I went for a nice short run (2.5 mi) outside. It was a gorgeous 50 degrees with a cool breeze! Nice! Back to the grind... homework that is. And hydrating myself!

10 comments:

Wes said...

I luv that. You closed the bar down and then stopped at the truck stop for breakfast! Classic!! made me feel so at home :-) And exactly what was the age at that bar, eh? Dee Dee and I are in our forties, and we go to Buckhead to show them young whipper snappers a thing or two! LOL. Sounds like a blast. Hope you had a great time...

miss petite america said...

omg i feel drunk just reading this post!!! sounds like you had an awesome weekend!

Neese said...

ahh good times! way to get a run in after all that staying up late and drinking, and I know you and B are just friends but you make a nice looking couple too ;)

Unknown said...

It's been a l-o-n-g time since I've gone to, much less, closed down a bar or played drinking games...guess that shows my age!!

MNFirefly said...

Jagbombs....ewwwwwwwww! I had one drink on Friday...and tonight. You did all of the drink for me..and the rest of the blogworld. Sounds like a great weekend.

JeffM said...

Isn't it fun to be young!
I'm with Miss Petite- felt drunk just reading it.

J~Mom said...

You really did put on your drinking hat! You know if I drank like that I would be out for at least a week. LOL Glad you had fun!!

Deb said...

How fun is that?! I think my days of even thinking about keeping up are over! LOL!

Jess said...

Looks eerily like my weekend! I knew I liked you for a reason!

Joe said...

Jack Daniels in the evening followed by an afternoon at the library? Do you have a split personality? Stacy and Bizarro Stacy. LOL!