5.30.2006

Information Overload

Today I have a few things to talk about. First off, I started school today. Yep. Started Graduate School. Oh My Goodness!!!! I had a hard time falling asleep last night and no matter how hard I tried, I knew it was becuase I was anxious for today. I haven't gone to class for two years! TWO YEARS! But, like riding a bike, I got right back into it and it felt natural.

This week consists of two classes. 8-5, tuesday thru friday. They are only 1 credit classes, but that is a lot of information to cram into four days. So I am currently feeling like I am on information overload right now and it is only the first day of class.

With my AM class, I will be learning how to sauter (spelling?) in order to make a switch....as an assistive device. Interesting. Very interesting. I don't remember signing up for an Industrial Technology class. Let's just say our instructor will be grading on completion of these two devices....NOT whether or not they will work for sure.

Next week I start a new session of classes. Three classes. Those will be spread across a six week period though. Thank goodness. I think I could handle that better. I hope I can handle that.

I was feeling lazy tonight, after a long day of school and didn't think I wanted to work out. So, I came home, made some dinner...and realized it was only 6:30. I knew I had some homework to do, but it wasn't going to take all night. I knew that there was going to be a basketball game on, but not until 8pm. What was I going to do for an hour and a half?!?! I was starting to feel guilty for not doing anything physical today...besides walking up a couple flights of stairs and across campus.

So....I got on my shorts and tank...put on my Polar Heart Rate Monitor...slapped on my handy dandy nano sleeve and headed for my garage. I grabbed the bike...hopped on, only to realize that the tires were quite low.

I expected this.

It has been a long while since I was on it last. I do live in the Midwest ya know!

So, I rode slowly a block and half to the nearest gas station. Fill me up. Only took me a couple minutes to realize why the air pump machine was sucking the air out of my tire and not putting it into them..... You've got to press the ON button dork!

Wow! Luckily not too many people saw me! .... And we're off! What a beautiful night for a ride! Little wind out of the North which made the East to West and back East ride quite a work out...more than I expected! But well worth it! I even broke a good sweat!

Now, I got home just in time to watch the pre-game! I LOVE BASKETBALL! Absolutely love it! I even love listening to the men discuss it during the pre-game! So...tonights game is game 4 of the Suns vs. the Mavs..... So I was watching the pre-game. They weren't so much talking about tonights game as for talking about last night's game.... Detroit vs. Miami. I watched that one...Miami smashed Detroit! YEAH!

Here's a little humor I found from Mr. Barkley: Total BS....It's Total BS... (in regards to Detroits playing last night). The Pistons (players) are using Phlip Saunders as a scapegoat!

No kiddin'!!!..... Don't blame it on the new guy! Just becuase he has some better players than when he was with the T-wolves, doesn't mean it is his fault they lost! He can only do so much!

I just had to laugh at CBarkley becuase he can go and go and go...and to hear him use the term BS on tv made me giggle.

That's enough out of me today! I best be getting my HOMEWORK done like a good student! Oh, the Twins one again last night...and they are up two tonight already! Keep it up Twins!

6 comments:

Anne said...

You should watch TV with my husband, another basketball fanatic. The rest of the family's abandoned him since the playoffs started weeks ago. And I'm still waiting for TNT to bring back "Law & Order."

SRR said...

Homework? What the hell is that??

Joe said...

Did you sit at the front of the class or the back of the class?

GO SUNS!

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»