5.05.2007

Some running...some resting



Friday:
Snuck in a late evening run immediately after I got home (in Bismarck). Was a great run around the quiet neighborhood. I was able to listen to the nature all around me and take in the beautiful sight of a pink, purple and blue sky with the sun setting behind the clouds. Logging about 3 miles. I couldn't trust the Garmin too much as I was running under tall trees and it said my pace was over 12 minutes/mi. when I know I was bookin' it!

Saturday:
Woke up and ran with Mom, Dad, and Sis. We drove to the park, and ended up running down and back through the park and along the Missouri River.
(picture taken from Google Images)
The temperature was cool but nice, about 54 degrees and overcast. Shortly after our run it began to rain again. I can't believe how green it is already and the trees and plants are beginning to bloom! 4.46 miles logged today. A young lady had commented on how we were inspiration ... a family working out together. That was nice.

Tonight will be some R&R with baseball on tv and some cold one's in our hands... mmmm..

Tomorrow:
I might do a couple miles in the evening when I get back to GF.

Happy running, y'all!

11 comments:

Deb said...

What a beautiful pic. How nice to run with your family! Enjoy the weekend and your time.

MNFirefly said...

Beautiful pics. Great job on the run today.

JeffM said...

That's great that you run together as a family. Have a relaxing weekend.

Liz said...

You are my motivation!!! I am amazed that you get yourself out there to run after a long day!!! Keep it up and thanks for the motivation!!!

Neese said...

some of my best runs have been along side my brother, I'm glad you have a family of runners, that's special.

akshaye said...

running with the whole family... thats got to be special! enjoy the well deserved rest...

John said...

Nice pic but I'm curious....is the bridge curved or is it just an optical illusion?

Keep running like you are and you're going to blow by 60. Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Nice family run...and a few more miles added to your ticker!!

Jess said...

54 degrees is the perfect running temp!

Wes said...

You are so ready for a half mary ;-) That is really cool you guys all get to run together!!

Marcy said...

Ohhhhh I looveee running like that (with just the noise of nature) I think I'm the only person on the planet who runs without some kind of mp3 player LOL It's so relaxing!