5.07.2007

Buck Burgers

Yesterday was my God-daughters first holy communion. I was glad I was able to be there, along with many other family members. She is growing so fast!

I was only able to log a little over 11 miles last week. I am contemplating changing my goal for two reasons: 1) A lot of busy weekends through this month, and 2) I have a doctor appointment next monday that may put me on required rest-mode for a week or so after a procedure.

We'll see.


I got on google maps today to figure out the actual distance of my run friday night. I was running under many large trees and felt that my garmin was not reading correctly. Sure enough, it missed 1/10 of a mile. That is something, people. So I added it!

Tonight my sister, her fiance, and I plan to do buck burgers. This has been a tradition of ours as long as we all have lived in GF and it will probably be our last time! Kinda bittersweet! At about 8pm, I will plan to go for a run. I couldn't believe how sore my 3 miles from friday night and 4 miles from saturday morning left me feeling!

To answer your question John, the picure in my last post must have some sort of optical illusion...the bridge is not curved like that!

13 comments:

Jess said...

If you need to change your goal, go for it. You know what's best for your schedule and your body. If you need to decrease your mileage you should.

Wes said...

Mmmmmmm. Buck Burgers! Listen to the Doc! You'll be back in tip top shape in no time!!!!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

I bet my wife can relate to a Buck Burger. I'll ask her about them tonight.
Good luck at the doctor's office, follow his advise on the rest.

When you have time I would like to know how you are putting the tables on your sidebar, are they formatted that way or is there a place that I can find that format?

Randy

Iron Jayhawk said...

Everyone changes their goals...or gives themselves multiple goals...

Let us know what you decide...just listen to your body so you don't wind up with a major injury (that'd be no buneo!).

Krista said...

YUM to Buck Burgers. I vote for reducing your goal as well; sounds like you have enough pressure this month!

J~Mom said...

Aww...buck burgers sounds bittersweet indeed! Hope it was a nice time!

I would shift your goal if you need to! You don't want to be beating yourself up all the time about not getting it done!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Yes it would be great for you email the tables...aggiedad77@yahoo.com

Thanks

Randy

Larissa said...

Goals are meant to be changed - life always takes precedence and life without joy isn't life. Gotta have time to chill, to party, to sleep, to eat - to do a multitude of things beyond running.

Do tell: What is a Buck Burger?

cdoc said...

Fish-eye lens on a camera, that is why the picture looks like that.

Marcy said...

Am I the only person in here that has no idea what a buck burger is? LOL! I'd switch my goal too, especially if the Dr gives you a no go. Don't sweat it! You can do it another time :)

Lora said...

I'm in with the...."what the heck is a buck burger?"...crowd! Do tell!

Runners are constantly changing things up aren't we? We learn new things about our bodies, and POOF! onto a different schedule!

Wishing you an easy time next Monday.

MNFirefly said...

Flexibility is good. Keep up with your goal.

Jess said...

What's a buck burger?