4.11.2007

Q and A's

My workout yesterday was quite successful and I felt great afterwards. I left school a little early to pick up some transcripts and was able to head the the gym earlier than I usually do. I hopped on the thrillmill, only planning on doing a couple warm-up miles. Before I was finished, my sister showed up and we ran the track for a while. Between the thrillmill and track, I was able to log 2.5 miles. We hit up a few weights and then headed to spin. It was a wonderful spin session and I was able to spin 9.2 miles. The worst of the evening was heading to a three hour class. Only three more weeks...and I am done!

I feel as if there have been a few questions lately that I haven't been able to respond to, so I am going to try and do that now.

From Joe: A Wednesday long run? Did someone kidnap Teacherwoman and replace her with Bizarro Teacherwoman? --> Yep, a wednesday long run. I seem to be more motivated during the week, and it works out perfectly because I don't have night class. I can go home, stretch, ice, and relax the rest of the evening. Plus, there are usually things going on over the weekend that I don't get those long runs in as planned. This way, if I am feeling up to it, I can do a nice 3 or 4 miles saturday and sunday...outdoors!

From Jess: So, any plans for the future after grad school? --> If all goes as I would like, I hope to have a job lined up before the end of May, in the area of Special Education (at the Elementary level). I don't know where, but I am applying in multiple places.

From Aggie Jogger '77: Ok, I've just got to ask, and I keep telling myself my wife is from North Dakota and I've never heard her mention "funeral potatoes" before. What are they? --> I knew someone was going to catch that and ask about it! It is what our family and a lot of other germans in the area call funeral potatoes. Basically it is hashed browns, baked in a 9x13 pan with cheese and then corn flakes sprinkled on top. I think they are called funeral potatoes becuase they are easy to make and show up at funerals... a lot.

From Joe: Was there lots of eye candy at the gym? --> This is in response to my 7 miles on the thrillmill. And Yes, there were lots of eye candy at the gym. Especially when you are on a thrillmill looking over the weight room! But, that is not why I was there, Joe!

I kinda like this Q&A's thing. Keep 'em coming! Now, like I said before, I am planning on doing my long run tonight, eat a nice hearty pasta and veggies dinner, watch Friday Night Lights and the results to American Idol, and hit the hay!

5 comments:

Wes said...

Most people do their long runs on the weekend because that is when they have time. If you have it during the week, then go for it!!! Mmmmmmmm. funeral potatoes.

Nothing wrong with taking advantage of your advantageous positioning in the gym to take in some sweaty eye candy ;-)

Neese said...

the "funeral potatoes" sound yummy! -- I always wondered about the long runs if maybe most schedules have them on weekends because that's when races are? but yeah, whatever is best for you. LOL re: eyecandy

Jess said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the Q&A portion of the blog!

Just random thoughts:
Awesome spin class!

Wed. long runs are an interesting concept. And it definitely does free up your weekend for shorter runs.

Those funeral potatoes sound delicious!

And the gym eye candy...LOL

Joe said...

Okay, here's another one. When is that Sanjaya (or whatever his name is) getting the boot from American Idol? I hope you are not his number one fan. :-)

MNFirefly said...

I love "funeral potatoes". Yummmm!