4.09.2007

"Well Needed Break" Recap

This weekend was longer than usual with having friday and monday off, but that didn't necessarily mean that it was full of relaxing! We kept quite busy.

Thursday --> Left school early and got home in time to watch the Sioux/Boston College hockey game. The Sioux got robbed with a few bad calls and Boston won. We were a little disappointed.

Friday --> prepared for bridal showers with shopping and baking cheesecakes. Fun times! We ended up joining some aunts and cousins for dinner and were surprised to see our cousin, Britt, home for the weekend. She surprised her sister and flew home from England for her bridal shower! We miss Britt so much!

Saturday --> Two bridal showers. My cousin's and my sister's! They were both fun and exhausting. Both showers were fun and different! Very nice...very nice!

(P.S. It was nice to see Michigan beat Boston college in the last 18 seconds of the game!)


Sunday --> Easter! After church we headed to my aunt and uncle's for a nice family dinner. All I have to say is mmmm! Ham meatballs, funeral potatoes, salmon, carrot cake....mmmm mmmm good! Fun times as well! After we got home from dinner, we decided to take advantage of the above freezing temps. I wanted to go for a run since the last time I ran was wednesday. Mom decided to ditch the walkers and joined me. It was a nice run through the neighborhood...approximately 2.25 miles. No walk breaks, we ran straight through. That is what running partners do for me... keep me going!

Today--> nothing but traveling back to GF, unpacking and now some homework. Yeah. Only four weeks of class left and I will... be...done! Wahoo!

Looking at my week and what is going on, I hope to accomplish this:
Tuesday: Spin and weights
Wednesday: long run
Thursday: Spin, possible short run before spin
Friday: Rest
Saturday: easy run
Sunday: easy run

Have a great week, y'all!

7 comments:

Neese said...

sounds like a great weekend, it's nice to see you back! :)

Wes said...

Yea, I was sitting at the bar at Dave and Busters watching the championship game, and I thought about you. Was that not an exciting finish? I thought for sure we were going into OT and more free hockey!!! But I love an exciting ending and that's about as good as it gets.

Sounds like you had a happy Easter! I flew home from Germany and suprised my brother at his rehearsal party. That's what family is about...

Joe said...

A Wednesday long run? Did someone kidnap Teacherwoman and replace her with Bizarro Teacherwoman?

JeffM said...

A well deserved break. She flew in from England- that's impressive.

miss petite america said...

very busy weekend indeed!!!

Jess said...

So, any plans for the future after grad school?

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Ok, I've just got to ask, and I keep telling myself my wife is from North Dakota and I've never heard her mention "funeral potatoes" before. What are they?

A break every now and then is good. Sounds like a wonderful weekend with family.

Randy