4.04.2007

Well needed break

I went to the gym tonight to run a few miles. I was hoping for 4, but the list of things I wanted to get done (before American Idol) seemed to be growing during my run, and I called it quits after 3.1 miles. I was still quite sore from my 7 miles monday night. It's amazing how that soreness can take a while to come around. I don't think I was truly sore until 24 hours later. I am sore/stiff from my butt down to my knees...

Tomorrow, I plan to leave school early to head home for my Easter break. I figured since I don't work with any kids on thursday's after 2pm, I could just take off. That way, we will get home before the big game starts! You know, the semifinals of the Final Four! Hockey! Our Fighting Sioux will be taking on Boston at 7pm... if anyone is interested in watching! If we can beat Boston, I am almost positive we will be playing Maine for the Championship!

Now, I just have to wish for a warmer weekend. Last year it was nice enough to sit outside and enjoy the warmth of the sun, while watching the kids run around the yard. This year, there are predictions of snow. Eeek. I hope not.

Only 37 days left until graduation! Wahoo!

Happy running, y'all!

14 comments:

John said...

I'm curious if you're into NHL hockey or just college hockey and if so what team do you cheer for?
Good luck to your Fighting Sioux.

Nat said...

Have a great trip home. I don't know how you put in long miles on the treadmill...I go crazy after a mile. Great job!

Simlin said...

Yep DOMS is a beyach.

(Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness)

Wes said...

and I've learned that running with sore muscles, ever so gently, helps them to recover faster... If you do leave tomorrow, have a safe journey..

JeffM said...

Sometimes the foam roller things work for sorenes. And stretching of course.

Jess said...

Yes, the soreness kinda creeps in and truly seems to settle on that second day, huh?

miss petite america said...

i took an ice bath the night of my 15 miler last week and it definitely helped with no muscle soreness. i was stunned!

have a great easter weekend!

Joe said...

Muscle soreness is good. It means you worked hard enough to stress your body and convince it to adapt. If you are never sore, you can't hope to improve much. I'd much rather do a hard workout and have to take a rest day than to slack it and work out every day. See When is Muscle Soreness Good?

An interesting related article is Compression For Muscle Soreness

Neese said...

Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter! :o) I hope your teams win and wahoo on less 37 days til graduation!!

J~Mom said...

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Jess said...

Have a good holiday weekend, and I hope it warms up! (I spoke with my brother yesterday and he lives near Bemidji, MN: he said it was only 15 degrees out!)

Steve Stenzel said...

What's this "before American Idol" crap?!?!?

Anonymous said...

The end is in sight for you! How exciting!
I hope the soreness goes away soon. It does make the workouts tough. :(
Enjoy your Easter! :)

Deb said...

I think I'm the only person that can't get into American Idol. Simon gets on my nerves & it turns me off.
Hope your (well deserved) Easter break is wonderful!