7.17.2006

Heat, heat, and more heat....

Well, I think I just ran at the worst time of day. EVER. What was I thinking. I just completed 3.23 miles at 6pm. I came home to turn the local news on and found that it was 84 degrees. Oops. It didn't feel that warm when I left class at 430, but it was warm when I ran. Atleast a lot of my path was shaded, and there was somewhat of a wind. Plus, I wasn't feeling too exhausted, and new better to turn around if I did. I knew if I didn't run now, I wouldn't be able to enjoy my evening with my homework! I should have just gotten up this morning at 530. Oh well. Tomorrow.

I was quite upset with my Garmin today. I actually had to keep myself from yelling profanities at it. Made me think of RR!! Hehehe. But I was upset. For the first time in a long time, I just ran out 1.6 miles and turned around. I guess it was my intention to really see how well this garmin worked. Well, on the way back, it said that it wasn't getting a signal....right after I had looked at it and it said my pace was 30:14. I DON'T THINK SO!! So, when I got back to my apartment, it said I had only got 3.08 miles! Ha! That is impossible if I went out 1.6 miles I should have been at 3.2 miles. How frustrating! Makes me wonder how many runs of mine in the past were actually longer than I clocked!

While out running, I noticed how so many of the yards around here are dryer than dry. Not good. ND could really use a good week of rain. With us being in a state of drought, it's not only our yards that are suffering.... so are our wheat fields! We all are wishing for rain...and lots of it!

Happy runnings, y'all!

10 comments:

Simlin said...

DO you use sportstracks or anything to download Garmin information into, I find sportstracks will assume you were running in a straight line and give you the total distance including the bit where trusty old Garmy lost signal.
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/

Backofpack said...

Answering your comment: Portland Marathon is on October 1st! Whoo-hoo!

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on trying to run. Things are getting comfy down in the Cities. No A/C tonight and NO humidity!

Taunya said...

I hate when the garmin does things like that. Hopefully it's cooler in your neck of the woods today so we don't have to bother running anymore in this damn heat.

Anonymous said...

I'm wishing for cooler weather as well. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

A little heat training is always good and even better to clear the mind after class.

Neese said...

stay cool ;)

SRR said...

Sweetheart...I can assure you if you yell profanities at it...it makes you feel soooo much better! TRY IT!!

Joe said...

In answer to your question on my blog, you would have to swim 70.4 laps of a 25 yard pool to swim 1 mile.

Michele said...

I had Garmin issues while out of town and running in areas with trees. Here at home there are no trees so my runs always come up as the same milage.