1.26.2007

Sweet E "motion"

Last night I spent the evening resting and relaxing (and as usual...stretching). I was hoping to get some paperwork done, but that wasn't as successful as I would have liked. Instead, I spent a lot of time downloading new "old" tunes for my nano. I am sick of the music I have been listening to, so I was looking for songs from my past and found so many that I really liked and miss...you know...like songs I really miss from my high school and early college years! I forgot how much I liked the Goo Goo Dolls, Collective Soul, Blues Travelers, Aerosmith, The Fugees, Godsmack, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Limp Bizkit, Everlast, Oasis, Tantric, No Doubt, Van Halen, Sugar Ray, Tupac, Dr. Dre, etc...

While spending a great deal of time downloading music, I sipped a glass of red wine and cheered Clemson on in a very close game with Duke. If they could have only won, it would have been even a better evening!



Workout Summary: 3.1 miles and lifting.

.25 mile warmup walk

  • Mile 1= 11:09
  • Mile 2= 10:32
  • Mile 3= 11:07
  • .1 = 0:55
    • TOTAL TIME= 33:43 (Avg. pace = 10:52)
.15 mile cooldown walk

(Avg. HR = 156, Max HR = 186)
Total Distance = 3.5 miles

What a sweet run, it felt so good. All the splits were better than last week! I did stop between each mile to write down the time, so I know if that were to have been straight through it would have taken a little bit longer becuase the brief breaks were beneficial. I did do some minimal walking during the second mile, but sped up towards the end to make up for lost time... and boy did I!!

Now, I hope to clean up, eat a decent dinner, do some paper work and grab a couple drinks later with some friends!

Happy Running, y'all! Happy Friday!

9 comments:

Neese said...

I had no idea you were a Clemson fan! So cool, that is *the* team around here mainly because it's so close and we have lots of almuni working in the area. I think THIS is an omen in itself you need to find a teaching job here :o) LOVE the wine pic, I should of taken one too I was doing the same (without the music) nice run splits too way to go!!

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the run!

J~Mom said...

I love putting new old tunes on my iPod. It's so fun to go out that first time and listen to them! :>) Great run!!!

Anonymous said...

Too bad Duke won - I HATE them.
Nice job on the run!

Jess said...

Ahh, red wine. I haven't had any since last fall -- when I drank too much and barfed at my friend's house. Hope you drank it more moderately.

Jenniferlyn said...

Good run there! Muy Impressivo!

I am a music junkie - so I am always downloading new songs, or transferring my old CDs to my new video iPod. The trouble i - I actually had 2 iPods, one 20GB and one video 30GB. Returning from teh PF CHang's RNR AZ Half marathon 2 weekends ago, I lost my 20GB iPod... and ALL of my music!!!!!! Now I am uploading more music too my reamining 30GB Video. Oh man - technology!

Wes said...

Taking that interval training out to the 5K? Very nice!

Joe said...

Dang, am I old...last night I cranked up an old Crosby Stills Nash and Young CD...you probably have no idea who those guys were!!!

Nice run, nice stretching. Good for you!

Anne said...

That wine glass looks sooooo tempting. I thought of you on Sunday when I was watching a Lakers game. Not the team, but you're one of the few running bloggers I know that loves basketball. And hockey, apparently :-).