1.28.2007

SIOUX-per!!

Dont wanna wait til tomorrow,
Why put it off another day?
One more walk through problems,
Built up, and stand in our way ,ah


One step ahead, one step behind me
Now you gotta run to get even
Make future plans, dont dream about yesterday, hey
Cmon turn, turn this thing around


Right now, hey
Its your tomorrow
Right now,
Cmon,its everything
Right now,
Catch a magic moment, do it

Right here and now
It means everything

Miss the beat, you lose the rhythm,
And nothing falls into place, no
Only missed by a fraction,
Slipped a little off your pace, oh,
The more things you get, the more you want,
Just trade in one for the other,
Workin so hard, to make it easier, whoa,
Got to turn, cmon turn this thing around

Last night our hockey team successfully finished off the weekend of hockey by sweeping the Minnesota Gophers...in Minnesota!! It was soo exciting and fun to watch. The Gophers (who were ranked #1 in our conference) couldn't keep up with us. Which surprised a lot of us, since the Sioux hasn't been doing so great the past couple months! It was great to see them play their "A" game! Friday night's score: 5-2. Saturday night's score: 7-3. In the words of Dick Vitale ... it was "Awesome Baby!"

Right now, hey
Its your tomorrow
Right now,
Cmon, its everything
Right now,
Catch that magic moment, do it
Right here and now
It means everything
Its enlightened me, right now
What are you waitin for
Oh, yeah, right now


The best part of last night's game was a shot made frm 170 feet away from the net by Robbie Bina! Take a look at the youtube video I posted below this entry!

Right now, hey
Its your tomorrow
Right now,
Cmon, its everything
Right now,
Catch that magic moment, and do it right,
Right now
Right now, oh, right now
Its whats happening?
Right here and now
Right now
Its right now
Oh,
Tell me, what are you waiting for
Turn this thing around

I have been itching to get to the gym for my long(er) run since late yesterday afternoon. Mostly due to the fact that I was very sick of doing homework. But, that didn't happen. I drove all the way to the gym with my sister and realized I didn't have my student ID. crap. Went home to look for it and it was no where to be found. So much for a nice long run. Now I have to get a new ID and will hopefully get a chance to do that before my 4pm class tomorrow. Darnit.

I could have ran outside.... in the 20 below weather (NOT!). Instead, I did my my 57 pilates. I will hopefully be able to switch around my schedule a bit to get it in there, otherwise I will just can it and go on with my week. Crap happens, I guess!

Happy Running, y'all!

6 comments:

Wes said...

Hockey is such a hard thing for us southerners to get excited about. That's why the Flames ended up in Calgary. But hey! Look at those Thrashers in first place.... Nice recovery on the ID thing. Pilates is an excellent alternative choice :-)

miss petite america said...

dude i am always losing my keys or SOMETHING to keep my life from running smoothly...but you're a better man than me getting the pilates in...way to save the day.

Joe said...

You're a hockey fan? Okay, I'm making you an honorary Canadian.

Go Canucks!

MNFirefly said...

Noooooooo! :( My poor Gophers. That's all.

J~Mom said...

Way to find an alternative when it's too cold to run outside. The pilates is going to pay off tons when you get out again.

Jess said...

Congrats to the Sioux! They deserve a win against MN. BTW, my parents have been getting into Sious hockey lately and have been going to the games -- they love the new arena!