1.19.2007

Reflect...Reschedule..Rest

Reflect...
...looking back on this week, I don't know what to think. I am just feeling a little frustrated, overwhelmed and just down-right-tired.

...things at school were crazy with some of my students, dealing with a couple issues. Lying. To me. One of my biggest pet peeves. Hate it.

...too much paperwork to do with none-to-little amount of time to do it at work and not much energy or motivation to do it at the end of the day...most likely after 7pm.


...staying on top of school work.


....getting my workouts in.



Reschedule....
...there needs to be some changes made. I feel that if I want to accomplish what I want to accomplish in a weeks span, I cannot have a social life. none. what. so. ever.

I need to figure out how to balance my time better. A lot better. Becuase, I need that social life by the end of the week. You would too if you spent most of your waking hours talking to, with, and about children ages 8-12.



Rest...
...ah, rest. And that my friends is why I chose to take a rest day today. I needed one.

Due to having a lack of energy to do my 3.1 miles yesterday (I chose to do pilates instead), I was going to do it this morning. Before work. But, when the alarm went off at 5am this morning, I said to myself:

"
Self, if you get up now and do 3.1 miles, you will end up sleeping your friday evening away."

I just couldn't do it. I will make up my 3.1 miles this weekend. I hope to get in a nice 3.1 miles one day and my intervals the other day. With some decent weight lifting as well.

I am going to make some changes to my workout schedule, maybe putting a rest day in the middle of the week. I don't know. We'll see what happens. I might be attempting too much with my schedule.

I think I first need to try and get as much homework and paperwork done over the weekend so I don't have to fret during the week. This same crap happened last semester. One would think that I learned my lesson the first time around! But, it's different now. Different from last semester. Things are crazy busy with paper work and assessments right now at school. Come mid-February, things I hope, will be a whole lot better!

I have to remind myself that in 4 months... I will be all done with Graduate School. LESS than 4 months! Yippee!

Happy running, y'all!

10 comments:

MNFirefly said...

You are ALMOST THERE! Hang in there!

iJuls said...

You sure have a lot on your plate. All I can offer is that you seem to be handling it all well. You're doing fine. Reschedule, rest...it's all good.
Best of luck with it.

J~Mom said...

Sounds like you made a wise decision to rest. You are balancing a lot right now, but you CAN do it!! You are almost there!! Four months is nothing! ;>)

Unknown said...

You don't know how much I feel pretty much the same. All though I have more than 4 months left.

miss petite america said...

oh man in four month it's gonna be gravy! and considering how busy you are it's gonna fly by!

head up chica, and good luck.

Neese said...

you have a good perspective on the 3 R's, sometimes it takes a little tweaking, moving things around, adjusting to keep it all balanced, you'll find the flow!

Jess said...

Everyone has those times in which all three things need to be addressed. January can be a tough month -- hang in there, you'll be rewarded by your efforts in the end!

Deb said...

Keep pluggin sister... you're almost there. I can't imagine being a teacher. I love kids but that's a whole different banana. Thaks for all you do as a teacher for those kids. Reward yourself with Balance & a SOCIAL LIFE!

Wes said...

Being successful means being flexible! You are spot on!! Keep up the good work and find that balance. You are working with the whole you, not just the running. Way to listen to your mind and body.

Joe said...

Seasons of life...you will make it.

Do pay attention to your social life...that is part of the balance.

And persevere...you're almost there!!!