1.24.2007

"Let the Bodies Hit the Floor"....

.....did spin tonight and pretty much felt like "hitting the floor" when I got home! Oh how I remember that song! What a great song for sprinting, I can't wait to load it up to my nano and sprint to it the next time I do intervals!

Sis and I met up at the gym and did some warmup laps around the track before spin. From there we hopped on our bikes and hit the hills! Ahh, how it felt so good. I couldn't believe how much I was sweating! I ended up biking exactly 10 miles in 45 minutes. My cadence reached a max of 126 which I thought was pretty good! I HEART SPIN!

After we were finished we decided to hit another lap around the track to make it 1 complete mile of running tonight. Okay, we didn't just hit a lap...we full out sprinted it! Ahhhh!! I don't think I have ever ran that fast before in my life! It felt wonderful!

After we were finished, I hit up the weights. I ain't gonna lie... I felt kind of intimidated by the large quantity of men all around. So, I pumped up on three different machines to the point of exhaustion and got out of there. It was just too busy to lift at that time of day!

Workout Summary: 1 mile run, 10 miles spin, and brief lifting

Tomorrow's a well deserved rest day as I will need the evening to do some paperwork!

Happy running, y'all!

13 comments:

J~Mom said...

What a fantastic workout!!! Great job! Spin sounds like so much more fun then ab sculpting!

Donald said...

I wouldn't have pegged you as a Drowning Pool fan. Very cool.

Wes said...

Wow! You were really into it! Any good looking guys in that weight room? I wouldn't be intimidated at all. Get in there and show'em how its done??

Jess said...

I haven't been to spinning in SOOOOO long, but it's such an awesome workout!

a.maria said...

nicely done! i have spinning tonight but i'm not sure i'd have the energy to run afterwards. i guess thats sorta the point of triathlon, though huh?

sounds like you had fun with it, i'll have to give it a go here soon!

Nat said...

Great job on the spinning - a run after it? Wow. I love spinning, you feel so good when you're done!

Neese said...

when you feel like hitting the floor you KNOW you've been worked!! way to spin! -- It's a rest day for me today as well, want to get together for a glass of wine? :) wouldn't that be nice!

Joe said...

It sounds like you're a sprinter like me. I LOVE sprinting but most of the people in my swim club hate it.

Why were you intimidated by the men? We don't bite...much.

Mmem said...

I never tried spinning, you have a lot of energy!!! Bravo on the workout!

Deb said...

Yeah!!!!!! I LOVE spin, and as far as the boys go... mark some territory and get in there. How fun!

Lora said...

Great workout. Way to show the men we ain't afraid of them!! (you Do know they're really afraid of us!!!)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you love Spinning.

And I used to get intimidated by the men lifting at the gym, but they like to puff themselves all up as being big and strong, so I figure seeing my wimpy weight work helps their egos while making me stronger, it's really a win-win. *lol*

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.