1.11.2007

Cake or Beer?

Question of the day: Which would you rather have tossed into your lap, cake or beer?

Ha! Watching the Nuggets game last night had to make me chuckle. One of the players had bumped a beer tender in the process of saving a ball, nocking all drinks onto a few peoples lap! And earlier in the game, a fan had a cake thrown into his lap but the Nuggets mascot! Ha ha. Too funny! (I think I would rather have the beer!)

I HEART Tarheels! Way to pull out another W! Number 1 Baby! And I must give a round of aplause to Georgia Tech! Awesome job on kicking Duke's rear end!

Yesterday's Workout: Didn't happen. I was too tired in the AM with going going going on Monday and Tuesday between working out, school and night classes. So, I designated it as my REST day.

Today's Workout: 3.1 miles on the thrillmill at 5:30 am! Wahoo! 34:49 minutes. How refreshing to start the day off with a good run and a warm cup of mocha! Plus, I am to school 15 minutes early.... thus being the reason why I have a few minutes to write this post!

Tomorrow's Workout: Turbo Jam in the AM! 40 minutes of pure bliss! (pure bliss = sore thighs, arms, and butt)

Oh, and by the way...we are just starting to get our "normal" weather up here in ND.... Woke up this morning at 19 degrees...and it will be slowly decreasing throughout the day...getting down to I believe 5 degrees with a windchill of -25 degrees! Ahh! To top it off, I saw a runner outside this morning at 7am! That's not dedication...that's stupidity in my book! Brrr!
Happy Thursday...and happy running, y'all!


11 comments:

Jess said...

That's a tough question, a close call alongside chosing to be either deaf or blind. I love both cake and beer equally!!

Neese said...

i'll take the cake lol

Wes said...

I'd rather have cake too. Preferably chocolate. You live in ND and like the heels? Hmmmmm. I find that most interesting LOL.

miss petite america said...

beeeeer! always beer. having to choose between meat or beer though and i struggle.

and way to get your booty up at 5 am...you're hardcore!

TriSonq said...

CAKE!

It's a sin to spill beer.

I thought they closed the Dakotas in the winter.

J~Mom said...

Cake!!

Stay warm! Brrrrr!!!

MNFirefly said...

Bring on the CAKE!!

Joe said...

Cake!!!

nice run...hope the day continued as well as it started!

seagull junker said...

Beer!!! Heck I've been served a beer in a 50k before at an aid station. And heck I ran three races last year of over 50 miles each with hangover at the start. How did I do??? Had a PR in each race. So, Beer it is, the darker the better.

Neese said...

Hey girl.... i've only done the intervals onthe treadmill so far (easier since it's dark by the time i get home). I have a notebook in front of me

400
200

400
200

and so on, and i write my time next to each. 400m = a quarter of a mile so i run as fast as i can until the readout says .25 then i slow it down to a walking pace 4mph or lower and during this i write down my time for the 400. 200m and eighth of a mile so at .125 or .375 (when added to my .25 mile)I slow down again briefly, hit stop, and start again. It's easier for me to clear the time and measure .25 then .375, clear it, start over then to keep adding.

I've been doing 5x400 intervals i think week after next i'm bumping it up to 6x400. eventually i'll probably do 800's..we'll see..

hope this wasn't more than you needed to know, let me know if you try it, i really love them it gives me a boost in spirit about what i'm capable of speed wise

Jodi said...

I'd rather have cake, for sure! I hate smelling like stale beer... but it would be hard not to eat the cake in my lap!

Jodi