8.22.2006

It's started..

With the finish of the fourth day of inservice today, I had to rush to my first night class. Yes. It has officially started. I am back at school. Tonight we started our assessment course, and I think it is going to be great! Our professional is young and has much experience in many different areas of Special Education.

We started our night out with an opening group activity. For those of you who were not lucky enough to participate in any education courses in college, you have definitely missed out on the fun "ice breakers"!

Well, tonight's "ice breaker" topped them all off. There are 16 of us in class. And we all have gotten to know each other quite well through our summer classes. Tonight, we had to get into groups of 4 and and try to think of how we were in common. Sounds easy, but is kind of difficult. Once, we figured out our commonality, we had to find a song that matched that! Yes. A song! That's not it folks. From there, once we found a song, we had to sing a line or two from that song, and the rest of our classmates had to figure out what it was that we had in common!

I don't sing. I do. But I can't. I was not looking forward to this. But, all in all, it was very fun. We struggled so much with finding a song. We went from "Superfreak" to the "If you go ta, North Dakota..." since we were all from ND, to "Don't Stop, thinking about tomorrow..." except we changed it to "CAN'T stop thinking about tomorrow.." since school pretty much starts tomorrow.. It was fun.

So I have tons of homework already. And here I am blogging. But, I just had share my wonderful first day of classes! Tomorrow night I have a different class with the same professor...so it should be fun!

Oh and P.S. My campus gym closed on the 31st of July due to the new one opening, but now I have NO gym to go to in the meantime. They had to close down to trade in the old machines for newer ones, but due to changes in some of the new gyms plans, the gym will not be opening until the 25th of September! A whole month with no gym to go to! Grrrr...

Happy Runnings, y'all!

2 comments:

Neese said...

the group thing sounds unnerving yet an absolute joy all wrapped into one! boo about the gym, a new one will be worth the wait though! hope you can work something in, in the meantime.

:)

MNFirefly said...

OMG! I would go insane. Hang in there. The weather is STILL beautiful out. No excuses for not going outside.