8.17.2006

Don't Push It

I was going to try and get up this morning before work, but there was no daylight at 5:30. It's been a while since I have been up that early. There wasn't much daylight at 6:30 either... So, I went out for a run today after my 2nd day of inservice.

I think I was rushing it. I was afraid it was going to rain, and it was still pretty humid but not too warm.

I pushed myself a little too hard. I was hoping to do 4 miles, but had to turn around shortly after completing my first mile.

Total miles: 2.75

I turned around becuase I was walking too much. I had the WORST side stitch EVER! I could have sworn that I had ripped something on my lower left side...ouch!

Needless to say, there was little to desire from that run.

On a lighter note... I thought I would share a song. Single, by Natasha Bedingfield. Check out the lyrics:

Ah yeah that's right
All you single people out there
This is for you

I'm not waitin' around for a man to save me
(Cos I'm happy where I am)
Don't depend on a guy to validate me
(No no)
I don't need to be anyone's baby
(Is that so hard to understand?)
No I don't need another half to make me whole

Make your move if you want doesn't mean I will or won't
I'm free to make my mind up you either got it or you don't

[Chorus:]
This is my current single status
My declaration of independence
There's no way I'm tradin' places
Right now a star's in the ascendant

I'm single
(Right now)
That's how I wanna be
I'm single
(Right now)
That's how I wanna be

Ah yeah Uh Huh that's right

Don't need to be on somebody's arm to look good
(I like who I am)
I'm not saying I don't wanna fall in love 'cos I would
I'm not gonna get hooked up just 'cos you say I should
(Can't romance on demand)
I'm gonna wait so I'm sorry if you misunderstood

[Chorus]

Everything in it's right time everything in it's right place
I know I'll settle down one day
But 'til then I like it this way it's my way
Eh I like it this way

Make your move if you want doesn't mean I will or won't
I'm free to make my mind up you either got it or you don't
'Til then I'm single

This is my current single status
My declaration of independence
There's no way I'm tradin' places
Right now a star's in the ascendant

3 comments:

cdoc said...

Like the song, being single isn't so bad, I would know, since it has been more than 4 years.

Jess said...

All of us have had to turn around short of our goals. Everyday is different, and another day you'll go further than you expected. Running is never predictable; I guess that's part of its appeal.

MNFirefly said...

Way to go!! As for the side stitches, I have to doing side stretches, which has helped ALOT. Stand up, feet apart, one hand at the waist, and the other hand bends sideway with the hand guiding (elementary/Middle school school stuff!)