8.15.2006

5 Years

It's almost been five years. It will be on the 23 of September. Almost 5 years since I started working my "part-time" job!

Ahhh.

That is the longest I have worked anywhere, and to be honest I am soooo suprised that I have worked there that long!

I thought that it would be something where I would quit after the holidays, since that is what I was hired for...

Then I thought I would be done by the time I graduated from college.

Then I said that I would quit once I got a "real job". .... ... Last year I got my first teaching job that also required me to commute, but continued to work there anywhere from 6-15 hours a week. At one point I was working as a Sales Lead during the fall.

Then, I said to myself, this spring "If I get into the Resident Teaching program for Graduate School, I will FOR SURE have to quit before summer school, or when the school year starts at the latest!"....

I am still working there... yep...and I am planning on working there every other sunday through the school year as long as it works with my schedule!

Looking back on my experience there, it has been quite the ride. I think I have worked every position their, sometimes more than once when employees became scarse. My favorite being the Sales Lead...but that was always temporary and with school and teaching, I was never available enough to become a permanent Sales Lead.... boo hooo...

But, overall I have really enjoyed working there. Lots. Sometimes I have been ready to pull my hair out with lack of patience for holiday employees that just didn't get how to present themselves in a customer service environment, or just didn't get that they had to ACTUALLY work!

Today I ordered my gift from the company in recognition of my five years of dedicated service and commitment! Yeah. They sent out a catalog of things to choose from! I chose the fossil watch. Yep. I needed a new watch and this couldn't have been a more perfect time!

A little pat on my back for a job well done! Who knows...I may be a lifer! You know you don't make much on a teacher salary! Hahahaha!

6 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Congrads!! That's a long time.

Neese said...

your company offers a gift for 5 years of service, now that is SO cool!!! it's those small things that keeps morale, good for you for being so loyal and hard working!

Deb said...

Brousing blogs and found yours. Congrads on the 5 year temp gig! I just passed the 15 year mark and picked a watch as well. Good choice! Keep runnin!!

Deb said...

P.S. LOVE the title of your blog!

cdoc said...

5 years already? Seems like you just started working there, time sure flies. Good job.

Joe said...

Five years on one job is a long time nowadays.