8.18.2006

For Your Information...

For those of you who read my blog occasionally, this is a little FYI for you all....

Starting Monday, things will be different. Very different. This girl won't be able to go out on weeknights (which is a very good thing). I will be teaching all day, during the week, and taking night classes tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. I will be using my weekends to do paperwork and homework. Somewhere in there, I will HAVE to find time to keep up with my running. HAVE TO! It is one of those things that keeps my stress level down and makes me feel good, especially when things are getting crazy at work and with school.

So, with that in mind, I will probably be making less posts about running, a lot about teaching and classes. I love what I do, and enjoy sharing with others stories of my students and their successes, as well as stories that make me laugh! This school year is going to be quite interesting with juggling everything and the whole experience itself.

Looking back on last school year (as an LD teacher) I will miss my students so much. There are always those that you can't get enough of, those that make you laugh, those that drive you crazy on occasion, those that ask you questions or say things that you will never forget, and those that cause sleepless nights as well. I will miss them all equally. They were all special in their own unique way and I will miss them for that. I hope they learned as much from me as I learned from them. You never know what they are going to say or ask.

I had one student that took his sweet time in the bathroom, and I thought he was using it as a way to get out of reading, but found out after I asked him what took him so long that he was actually constipated and ended having to announce it in front of a couple other students. Poor child, I will learn to never address that in front of classmates again.

I also had another student that asked me a question that I will probably never forget. This little girl was such a sweetheart. Barely said anything, even when she finally started to warm up to us in the spring. She was quiet and very reserved. But one of the last weeks of school she turned to me and said, "Ms. S, what does LD mean?" My heart just dropped. How do you explain to a young second grader what LD means in a way that won't make her feel down or think less of herself. It was definitely something that made me think....

I must be getting to bed...I have a long saturday ahead of me. Hopefully a long run in the AM, work in the afternoon, and a friend's bachelorette party in the evening. Fun times!

Happy Runnings, y'all!


P.S. The TWINS had an awesome night! Go TWINS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great school year. Keep up with running.

MNFirefly said...

I agree running does help with the stress. It's going to be a very busy school year.

Twins tanked tonight. Pooh!

Donald said...

Thanks for all you do for those kids.