9.24.2006

I Did it, and it felt great!

Woke up this morning. Changed clothes and put on my running shoes...and out the door I was! No music, no garmin, no monitor...just the sound of my shoes hitting the pavement! Ahhh...what a wonderful feeling! Almost like finding a long lost love! What a way to start the day. I only ran a couple of miles, but I got out there, and I did it and it felt great!

Now, I am just doing some homework, watching a little golf, and waiting for my delicious Lasagna to be finished! I figured I would make a good pan of home-made lasagna to take for lunches this week. I am sick of peanut butter sandwiches, yogurt, and apple. I need some substance man!

I will be spending the rest of the afternoon doing homework. From there I plan to head over to my aunt's house for dinner. We are having a "going away" dinner for my cousin's fiance. He will be heading to the middle east again and will be gone for a few months...I believe.

Happy runnings, y'all!!

Go Vikes....go Twins!

7 comments:

Neese said...

ok i think you need to move to my neighborhood so we can run together and i can eat your lasagna! :)) that sounds SO perfect on these cool fall days!

Jess said...

Good job on getting up. That's a great feeling!

Jess said...

I think you might have inspired me to go on a run sans gadets soon. No watch, no iPod. It's weird how a run can feel so different without all the stuff.

Lance Notstrong said...

You need food with "substance"? I always tell my friend that I need "man food" :-)

Brooke said...

Your my hero. If I don't have my iPod I suddenly feel all sorts of twinges, aches and pains.

Anonymous said...

Yay! go Twins, I love lasagna!

MNFirefly said...

Thanks for the little ribbing about Sunday's jinx.

Way to go and getting your running done.