7.16.2007

Quick & short

I wasn't feelin' the run today. I had planned atleast a few miles. But, when I got up and saw the clouds in the sky, I knew I didn't want to venture out in that. Then my sis got up and went out for her walk and I knew I had to do it! I am supposed to be a role-model, right?

So, I saddled up and headed out. Sure enough it was sprinkling before I even left the driveway. I almost turned around deciding to bag the run. It wasn't the rain, necessarily, that I was afraid of. I could handle a few sprinkles or getting a bit wet. It was the thought of lightening. Like I said before, our neighbor's yard got struck by lightning a week ago.... just out of the blue. It wasn't even raining then!

So, I hauled a** and pushed myself hard for what I was hoping was atleast a mile. Done. Tomorrow I hope to conquer another long run. Last week, I did my long run wednesday, but I am pushing it up this week (I think), since I won't be able to run saturday and sunday. Yippee!

These rainy days make me want to bake. ... .. hmm.

Distance: 1.47 miles
Duration: 14:37
Temp: 70 degrees
Humidity: 81% (eeks)
Avg Pace: 9:56 (wahoo!)
Avg HR: 173
Max HR: 180


I saw on Marcy's blog the Cadaver Calculator... where you figure out how much your body is worth. ... and just had to give it a try. $3,555. That's it! Kind of disappointing. I am sure it has to do with the amount of soda I drink, my height (or lack there of), and the amount of ibuprofen I take. )


P.S. Is anyone else not able to get to javamom's blog? Or is that just me?

15 comments:

Jess said...

I was just going to ask you about javamom's blog! I can't get to it either. I wonder what's up?

P.S. Props to you for getting that run in!

akshaye said...

running in the rain can be something else. i love it if its not storming though.
good luck on your long run

MNFirefly said...

Nice run!

Jess said...

These rainy days make me want to eat your baking!

Wes said...

Javamom or BFKAJM has moved. See if you can pick out the new one in the bloglist on my site. Hint... It still has SOMETHING to do with coffee :-)

- said...

great pace and great job getting out there :)

Unknown said...

Good job! Averaged under 10:00 too. YAY

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

If you can't find Lisa on Wes' blog look on mine...again the hint about coffee....giggling...

Way to dodge the rain drops...

Marcy said...

I'm telling ya girl, they just don't know good bodies when they see em. Damn them!! LOL

Yeah, Java is on decaf now. I'm sure you can pick her out on someone's blog list :-)

OMG if you made cookies, I'm coming over . . . LOL

Neese said...

sub 10! sweet!

hey I'm looking forward to seeing your redecorating on your blog :)

cdoc said...

$4390. That is an interesting calculator.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with ya sister -I wasn't worth much either ;-) Haha

miss petite america said...

my body was worth about that much...i'm chalking it up to my beer-laden liver and my extreme shortness.

Mom tried decaf once said...

Hey! I just saw this! Sorry I missed you! I had a hormonal crisis and moved my blog. Thought I was going on decaf and then went back on the caff. SIGH!!!!!

arcteryx said...

Nice blog, keep it up,and maybe you should have an updated post! More power! :)